|Minimum Order Quantity||5000 Kg|
|Material Grade||WEAR RESISTANT STEEL|
|Material||HOT ROLLED STEEL|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
EN 10149-2 S700MC is a high-strength, low-alloy (HSLA) steel plate grade that conforms to the European standard EN 10149-2. This grade is designed for use in demanding structural and engineering applications where high strength, good cold-forming properties, and excellent weldability are required. Here is a description of EN 10149-2 S700MC plates:
1. **High Strength**: S700MC plates are characterized by their exceptionally high tensile strength. They have a minimum specified yield strength of approximately 700 megapascals (MPa), making them one of the highest-strength steel grades available..
2. **Low-Alloy Steel**: S700MC is classified as a low-alloy steel. While it contains alloying elements, they are present in smaller quantities compared to some other high-strength steel grades. These controlled alloying elements are designed to enhance specific properties such as strength and toughness.
3. **Cold-Forming Properties**: One of the significant advantages of S700MC plates is their excellent cold-forming properties. This means that they can be easily shaped and formed at relatively low temperatures without compromising their structural integrity. This property is particularly useful in industries like automotive manufacturing and construction, where complex shapes and designs are common.
4. **Weldability**: S700MC plates are typically designed to be weldable, allowing for the fabrication of structural components and assemblies through welding processes. However, it's essential to follow appropriate welding procedures to maintain the desired mechanical properties.
5. **Applications**: EN 10149-2 S700MC plates find applications in a wide range of industries and sectors that require extremely high-strength materials. These may include:
- Automotive manufacturing: Components that require high-strength steel, such as chassis parts and safety components. - Construction and engineering: Structural components in buildings, bridges, and heavy machinery. - Mining and heavy equipment: Machinery and equipment subjected to heavy loads. - Transportation: Load-bearing components in truck and trailer manufacturing.
6. **Compliance with EN 10149-2 Standard**: S700MC plates adhere to the European standard EN 10149-2, which specifies technical delivery conditions for high-yield-strength, low-alloy structural steels. Compliance with this standard ensures that the steel meets specific quality and performance criteria.
7. **Impact Properties**: In some cases, S700MC steel may undergo Charpy impact testing to assess its toughness and ability to withstand sudden impact loads. This testing helps ensure the steel's suitability for safety-critical applications.
In summary, EN 10149-2 S700MC plates are a high-strength, low-alloy structural steel grade designed for applications demanding exceptional strength, excellent cold-forming properties, and weldability. They are used in a variety of industries, especially where lightweight, high-strength materials are required for complex structural components and assemblies. Please note that for the most up-to-date information on this grade, it's essential to refer to the latest standards and manufacturer specifications.