|Material Grade||Hot Rolled Steel|
|Size||As per order|
DIN 17100 St52.3 steel plate is a high-strength, low-alloy structural steel plate used in a variety of industrial applications. It is known for its excellent strength, weldability, and suitability for use in structural components and machinery. Here is a description of DIN 17100 St52.3 steel plates:
1. **High-Strength Steel**: St52.3 is classified as a high-strength, low-alloy structural steel. It is designed to provide the required mechanical strength for structural applications while keeping alloying elements to a minimum..
2. **Chemical Composition**: The chemical composition of St52.3 steel typically includes elements such as carbon (C), manganese (Mn), silicon (Si), sulfur (S), and phosphorus (P). The specific composition may vary depending on manufacturing and customer requirements.
3. **Tensile Strength**: St52.3 steel offers good tensile strength, making it suitable for applications where structural integrity and load-bearing capacity are essential.
4. **Weldability**: This steel grade is generally considered to be weldable, allowing for the fabrication and assembly of structural components and machinery through welding processes. Proper welding procedures and techniques are essential to maintain the desired mechanical properties of the steel.
5. **Formability**: St52.3 steel has reasonable formability, allowing it to be shaped, bent, and formed into various structural components and shapes without excessive difficulty.
6. **Applications**: DIN 17100 St52.3 steel plates find applications in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, and machinery. They are commonly used for the construction of structural components such as beams, columns, and bridges. Additionally, St52.3 steel can be used in the manufacturing of heavy machinery and equipment.
7. **Quality Control**: The manufacturing of St52.3 steel plates involves quality control measures and testing procedures to ensure that the steel meets the required specifications. These measures may include chemical analysis, mechanical testing (e.g., tensile and impact tests), and inspection for surface quality and dimensional accuracy.
8. **Compliance with DIN 17100 Standard**: St52.3 steel plates are produced in compliance with the DIN 17100 standard, which sets the requirements for structural steels used in general structural engineering and construction applications. Compliance with this standard ensures that the steel meets specific quality and performance criteria.
9. **Heat Treatment**: Depending on the specific requirements and applications, St52.3 steel can undergo heat treatment processes to further enhance its mechanical properties. Common heat treatments include normalization, annealing, and quenching and tempering.
In summary, DIN 17100 St52.3 steel plates are high-strength, low-alloy structural steel plates used in various industrial applications. They offer good tensile strength, weldability, and formability, making them suitable for structural components, machinery, and equipment in industries such as construction and manufacturing. Proper material selection and adherence to industry standards are essential to ensure the reliability and performance of components made from St52.3 steel.